Application Deadline Extended to 5 PM April 13th 2020
We're extending our deadline as part of our response to COVID 19 prevention measures. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by April 17th. Interviews may be conducted via zoom, google hangout or similar platform.
Job description, Program Coordinator, CFRC Radio
The Program Coordinator assists in the development and management of CFRC’s programming and program schedule, training new programmers and podcasters, providing technical support to station volunteers, providing recording and sound editing services to Queen's and community clients and ensuring CFRC programmers and programming meet both broadcast standards & regulations as well as CFRC’s mission and mandate. The successful candidate will have training and experience in broadcast radio and audio production and a demonstrable ability to onboard, train, and support volunteers from Queen’s University and the broader Kingston community.
This is an open position-students and community members are both eligible and encouraged to apply!
- Alongside the Station Manager and other CFRC staff, onboard, train and assist volunteers in technical and regulatory aspects of recording and broadcasting
- Work with new volunteers to develop new programs for CFRC’s seasonal broadcast schedule
- Evaluate program proposals and demos for broadcast suitability
- Assist the Station Manager to coordinate seasonal broadcast schedules and SOCAN audits
- Coordinate the evaluation of programs and program logs to monitor performance and compliance with CRTC regulations and CFRC’s mission & mandate
- Coordinate training and retraining of volunteers in live and recording studios
- Communicate programming changes with volunteers as required
- Monitor station broadcasts remotely along with other staff to ensure programming is airing as scheduled
- Assist CFRC clients with recording and editing requirements
- Facilitate technical links for CBC, BBC and other broadcast/podcast platforms conducting telephone and COMREX-based interviews from our studios
- Provide recording and editing service to clients for podcasting and other sound production services
- Assist with the management and coordination of CFRC's studio bookings
- Assist with the management of CFRC's website and podcast platform
- Assist with the recording and editing of advertisements, promotions and public service announcements as required
- Coordinate and conduct technical support for remote broadcasting of live football games with our Sports Broadcaster alongside and other off-site events
- Attend CFRC off-site events to recruit new volunteers
- Develop volunteer recruitment plans, training modules, and orientation schedules
-deep knowledge of campus-community radio station programming, operations and regulations
-proficiency and experience with broadcasting, broadcasting equipment and related technology
-demonstrable experience with digital audio recording and editing
-demonstrable ability to coordinate and train volunteers
-demonstrable organizational & time management skills
-demonstrably strong communication and interpersonal skills
-proven ability to work independently, to report on progress, and to meet deadlines
Conditions of Employment:
The term for this position runs from April 1 2020 to March 31st 2021 with potential to renew the contract pending the outcome of a year-end performance review.
25 hours per week, at $15.00 per hour. Some evenings and weekends are required.
Please email your resume/CV and a Cover Letter in PDF document detailing your relevant experience, what skills you bring to role, and why you are an ideal candidate to Dinah Jansen, Station Manager at [email protected]. Deadline for applications is 5 PM EST April 13th 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
CFRC 101.9 FM is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.