May 17, 2021
City of Kingston and Utilities Kingston schedules will change due to the Victoria Day holiday.
The City’s Victoria Day festivities, including the fireworks, are cancelled again this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
City and Utilities Kingston Holiday Schedules
- Garbage, Green Bin and recycling: There is no collection on Monday. Collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection.
- Kingston Transit: Bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Please see www.CityofKingston.ca/busdetours for COVID-19-related service changes.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed Monday.
- Administrative Offices (including Housing and Social Services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Monday. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city’s west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Enbridge customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Reminder for customers on time-of-use pricing: for electricity used on weekends and holidays – like Victoria Day, May 24 – prices are off-peak.
- Arenas, Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre), Rideau Heights Community Centre & Library and CaraCo Home Field: Closed due to Stay-at-Home Order.
- Libraries: Closed Monday. Services and digital collections can be accessed online. Don’t have a library card? Register online.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour and Confederation Basin marinas: Closed to public due to Stay-at-Home Order.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. Find virtual events at www.kingstongrand.ca.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and PumpHouse Museum: Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tett Centre: Closed due to Stay-at-Home Order. Find events and programs at www.tettcentre.org.
Kingston Fire & Rescue reminds residents to follow the fireworks safety guidelines at: www.CityofKingston.ca/Fire .