November 30, 2020
Utilities Kingston is warning customers to beware of callers demanding an in-home inspection of their rental water heater. Several Utilities Kingston customers have reported this activity today.
These individuals may also falsely represent themselves as being affiliated with Utilities Kingston or the past Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to gain access to customers’ homes.
Utilities Kingston wishes to assure its customers that:
- It is not affiliated with this individual or company, and is not partnering with them.
- It has not provided customer information to this individual or company.
- It is committed to providing efficient and reliable water heater rentals.
- Its water heaters meet safety standards and regulations, including building code.
If you receive a suspicious call or visit to your home:
- Remember, you have the right to ask people to leave your property. If they don’t, then contact police.
- If you receive a suspicious call:
- Do not provide any personal information including Utilities Kingston or credit card account numbers.
- Collect any information possible about the caller.
- Contact Utilities Kingston customer service at 613-546-0000 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8 a.m – 5 p.m., to report the incident.
- If you become a victim of fraud through monetary loss, call Kingston Police at 613-549-4660.
Learn more ways to recognize, reject and report fraud at UtilitiesKingston.com.