Hydro One improving reliability in the Kingston and Amherstview area this weekend
-Planned power outage on Sunday, June 27-
Hydro One is advising residents in the Kingston and Amherstview area of a planned power outage on Sunday, June 27 required for crews to safely perform scheduled maintenance and complete upgrades in the area. For the safety of our crews, equipment must be de-energized to complete the work. To reduce service disruptions and the need for future outages, we are bundling our work as much as possible to enhance power reliability and replace aging infrastructure.
Map of affected areas shown above.
- When: A planned power outage will take place on Sunday, June 27 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will affect approximately 3,400 Hydro One customers in the Township of Loyalist, including Amherstview as well as Hydro One customers in Kingston.
- What: Hydro One crews will perform scheduled maintenance and complete upgrades to ensure a safe and reliable supply of electricity, including replacing 10 poles in the area and completing maintenance work at our Gardiner Transmission Station.
We understand this is a challenging time to be without power and we would like to thank our customers for their patience during this time. Additional crews and equipment are being brought in to complete as much local area work as possible during this outage.
Below are some tips to help you and your family during an outage:
- Make sure your appliances, such as the stove, are in the off position.
- Make sure your cellphone and extended battery packs are fully charged.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. Use a cooler with ice for items you’ll need during the planned outage.
- Consider filling jugs of water to use for drinking and cooking.
- If you plan to use a generator, remember to use it in a dry area outdoors away from any open windows, doors and vents. Visit the Electrical Safety Authority at esasafe.com for more tips.
- If you have a bathtub, consider filling it with water before the planned outage begins. You can use the water and a bucket to fill your toilet tank to be able to flush.
In order to ensure our crews can continue working for all Ontarians, we ask that customers respect physical distancing.
Affected Hydro One customers can visit Hydro One’s outage map or call 1-888-664-9376 for more information.