December 9, 2020 - Weather permitting, the Springer Market Square rink will reopen Dec. 9 at 4 p.m. for skating under the province’s re-opening framework and through guidance from KFL&A Public Health.
“We are excited to offer another way for people to stay active this winter,” says Jaclyn Grimmon, Manager, Recreation Programs. “Come for a skate, support some of the many great downtown businesses and vendors and enjoy the new winter lighting features in and around Springer Market Square.”
Health and safety measures have been put in place to comply with the provincial framework and local health protocols to ensure the safety of staff and patrons remains the priority.
These measures include:
- Limit of approximately 25 skaters on the ice surface at one time.
- Use will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Please line up at the designated entry point.
- Skaters will be permitted on the ice on the hour and must exit the ice after 50 minutes before the ice resurfacer floods the ice. Entry onto ice outside of these times will be permitted based on availability.
- Patrons must maintain physical distancing of 2 metres (6ft) both on and off the ice and in washroom areas.
- Face masks are required in the washroom area, and strongly recommended, but not required, on the ice.
- Changerooms and skate rentals will not be available.
- Washrooms will remain open for public use 7 days a week.
- These protocols are subject to change and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The rink will be open 7 days a week, weather permitting, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Before leaving home check the Springer Market Square webcam for live coverage of the rink
For facility re-opening information visit the Springer Market Square webpage.