CFRC 101.9 FM, Canada's longest-running campus and community radio station, is looking for a new Sales and Marketing Coordinator. This 25 hour per week position is ideal for recent graduates, graduate students, part-time students, and community members of all ages with sales, marketing and outreach experience.
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for:
- Meeting with, onboarding, and following up with advertising and sponsorship clients
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets set out by the Station Manager/Board of Directors for local and national radio advertisements
- Securing sponsorships for specific shows, seasonal sports programming, and CFRC's annual Funding Drive
- Coordinating with CFRC’s Production Coordinator the production of creative work for advertisements, public service announcements and promos, in addition to scheduling them into the broadcast week
- Invoicing for advertisement and sponsorship agreements using Quickbooks Online
- Coordinating logistics and attending external events in partnership with CFRC’s Outreach Coordinator
- Networking and negotiating in-kind sponsorships with CFRC Queen’s and Community partners
- Supporting staff and volunteers in planning and executing marketing campaigns to promote CFRC services, products, membership, and programming to the Queen's and Kingston communities
- Reviewing and augmenting CFRC’s sales and marketing strategies in cooperation with the Station Manager, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Working with CFRC's Board of Directors to report on revenue, identify priorities and explore new revenue/fundraising opportunities
- Experience in sales, promotion and marketing
- Comfort with networking and cold-calling
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- ability to travel locally
- Excellent customer service/retention skills, personable, approachable, outgoing
- Ability to work with others to ensure campaigns (ad, marketing, sponsorship) are coordinated and executed effectively
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media to promote events, causes, etc.
- Experience building and executing marketing plans
- Self-motivated, able to generate and act upon sales and sponsorship leads
- Interest in exploring campus/community radio and furthering CFRC’s mission and mandate
- Interest in establishing/growing relationships between CFRC, Queen’s University affiliates, and the Greater Kingston business community
Conditions of Employment:
This position runs from April 1st 2018 to March 30th 2019 with potential to renew the contract following performance reviews after three and twelve months. All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
25 hours per week, at $14.00 per hour until December 31st and $15.00 per hour after January 1st 2019, plus 12 % commission on earned advertisement and sponsorship sales.
Please email your resume/CV and a Cover Letter detailing your relevant experience, what you bring to role, and why you are an ideal candidate to Dinah Jansen, Station Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 5 PM EST March 9th 2018. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.