Seeking work-study eligible undergraduate or graduate students with a passion for outreach! Applications due October 15th!
CFRC is seeking a new Outreach Coordinator who will work with our Business Manager to coordinate the station's involvement with, and presence at, campus and community events. The successful candidate will also be responsible for covering the technical aspects of setting up, executing, and tearing down live remote broadcasts.
This position is a work-study position offered in cooperation with Career Services at Queen's University. The Outreach Coordinator must be an undergraduate or graduate student with a work-study entitlement. The successful candidate must be able to commit six (6) hours/week to their work. The rate of pay is $14.60/hr.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- strong oral and written communication skills
- self-motivation and an ability to work as part of a team
- familiarity with social media platforms such as Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
- experience with community radio, community outreach initiatives and/or non-profit organizations
- a positive attitude and energetic, outgoing, and engaging personality
- experience with or willingness to learn how to use audio editing software (e.g. Audacity and Reaper)
- experience with or willingness to learn how to set up/tear down audio equipment (e.g. mixer, speakers, etc.)
- critical thinking, problem-solving skills
Deadline: October 15th, 5 pm. To apply for the position, please email your resume and cover letter addressing your experience with and enthusiasm for outreach and community engagement to the CFRC Station Manager, Dinah Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org