As part of the Province's move into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen Ontario plan, the PumpHouse Museum is pleased to announce the reopening of outdoor guided walking tours beginning Tuesday, June 22. To comply with public health measures, advice and restrictions, the PumpHouse Museum will be offering limited outdoor tours in Step One.
As of June 22, the following tour will be offered: Brewers, Bakers & Boilermakers: Walking Tour of Ontario Street South
Based on the popular 2019 exhibition Ontario Street: Brewers, Bakers & Boilermakers, this 60-minute guided walking tour delves into the amazing history of Ontario Street, a space that helped define and form Kingston as a city.
During this small group tour of 10 persons maximum, guests will hear exciting stories about intriguing and impressive people, fires, explosions, industry, transportation, archaeology, everyday vices and much more.
Participants will travel along the southern half of Ontario Street, walking from the PumpHouse to City Hall along Ontario Street and the waterfront. Tickets are now on sale online or call the PumpHouse at 613-544-7867.
- Price: $5 + HST per person
- Tour Times: 10:00 AM, 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m.- Tuesday to Saturday
- Duration: 60 minutes
What Guests Need to Know:
- Tickets must be purchased prior to arrival as this will be a time-ticketed experience with limited tickets available.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their booked tour time.
- All participants are required to wear a face mask or face covering during tours and guests are encouraged to bring their own, as well as their own additional personal protective equipment if they wish.
- Guests will be required to self-assess their health and are encouraged not to visit if there is any possibility that they may have contracted or have come into contact with COVID-19.
- All participants are required to physically distance from others in the tour if they are not within the same household and/or family.
- Tours will run outside rain or shine; participants are encouraged to dress for the weather, wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Walking tours will be cancelled and rescheduled in the case of significant inclement weather.
- Find more information on the PumpHouse’s cancellation and refund policy.
- PumpHouse Museum is located at 23 Ontario St., Kingston, Ontario