June 4, 2021
East-enders: Join an online engagement session for an introduction to a new park and trail system being developed on Waterside Way in the Pittsburgh District overlooking the Cataraqui River.
The project will be introduced at an hour-long online session at 6 p.m. on June 16. City staff will be available to answer questions. Register to join the information session.
If you wish to follow along but don’t expect to ask questions you can do so on the City’s YouTube channel where the meeting will be closed-captioned and live-streamed.
About the Proposed Park
The new .72 hectare (1.78 acres) park will include:
- a mid-sized playground.
- an open lawn/play field.
- pedestrian pathways with seating
About the Proposed Trails
The proposed trails run through an environmentally protected wooded area that buffers the subdivision from the river. They are to be natural, of modest scale and will connect to the new park. A lookout site that is to be naturalistic in design, is proposed for the water’s edge as part of the trail plan.
For any enquiries about the proposed development or to provide accessibility feedback related to the development please contact [email protected] (in accordance with Ontario Regulation 191/11).
Get Involved, Kingston!
- Register to attend the online engagement session
- An online survey will be available for residents to offer feedback. Go to Get Involved Kingston to sign up for project updates and be notified when the survey is open.
- Request a paper copy of the survey by calling 613-546-0000. We will provide you a postage-paid envelope to return the survey to City Hall.
- Complete the survey over the phone with City staff by calling 613-546-0000.