By reading this, you have completed the first step in your volunteer application process!
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
1. Fill out and submit the CFRC Volunteer Application Form here.
3. Once you hear back from us after submitting your application, book an appointment for one-on-one orientation with a staffer weekdays between 10am-5pm in Lower Carruthers Hall at Queen's! Reach out to Stephanie Nijhuis, our Program Coordinator (email@example.com) to set things up! Masks are mandatory.
4. Read CFRC's Mandate & Mission.
5. Check out our Resources page. Learn about CFRC’s policies, operating structure, the rights and responsibilities of CFRC volunteers and programmers, and the federal regulations governing CFRC and all Canadian campus radio broadcasters.
6. Pay your membership fee. Queen's students must opt into CFRC's student activity fee or pay $10 if the optional fee was not paid when levied at the beginning of their academic year. Community members pay $10.
7. Book one-on-one studio training sessions to learn how to use our equipment and software for recording and broadcasting. Reach out to our Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set these up! Masks are mandatory.
8. Interested in doing your own podcast? Download, complete and submit the Podcast Proposal form here and submit to our Podcast Coordinator (email@example.com) to learn more about recording your own podcasts and to discuss applicable fees.
9. Watch your email-when you sign up to volunteer, we will contact you in the coming days/weeks to let you know the status of your application and orientation/training opportunities that are coming up.
Have questions or suggestions? Visit our staff page for email contact information.
We look forward to seeing and hearing from you!