Having a Thanksgiving celebration this weekend? KFL&A Public Health suggests you follow these guidelines to protect loved ones – and especially older relatives – from COVID-19:
- Recommended: Visit virtually instead of in person.
If you intend to meet people from outside your household:
- stay local (within the KFL&A region).
- meet with as few people as possible.
- stay outdoors as much as possible.
- bring your own food.
- maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from those outside your household.
- wear a face-covering if you cannot not maintain a 2 metre distance (indoors and out).
See KFL&A Public Health's Predictions for the Potential Impact of Thanksgiving in the KFL&A Region.
Read more about City and Utilities Kingston schedules affected by the Thanksgiving holiday.
Here's your update on COVID-19 in Kingston
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located at 51 Heakes Lane, is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Appointments can now be booked online and over the phone.
- Book up to 2 days in advance on Eventbrite or by calling 613-548-2376 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily.
Several Emergency Orders are also in effect. Residents are required to:
Physically distance while in all City owned and operated parks.
- The beach area of Breakwater Park and Gord Edgar Downie Pier remain closed to the public.
- Refrain from gathering and loitering in a group of more than 10 when on a sidewalk, street or boulevard in the downtown area.
- Wear a face covering when in a business or enclosed common area in a building.
As of Sept. 19, new provincial gathering limits are:
- 10 people at indoor events or gatherings
- 25 people at outdoor events and gatherings
- Note: indoor and outdoor events and gatherings cannot be merged together
- Violations under the City's Noise and Nuisance Party Bylaws, as well as failure to abide by an emergency order, can be enforced under the City's Administrative Monetary Penalties program. To report a potential bylaw infraction, contact the Bylaw Enforcement team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-546-4291 ext.3135.