- Only submissions of Canadian films by Canadian filmmakers will be considered. Canadian filmmakers include citizens, landed immigrants, permanent residents, newcomers, anyone currently living and working in Canada (including international students), and Canadians living abroad.
- If you have an arguable connection to Canada and are not a Canadian filmmaker, please email us.
- Selection will be based on quality and form.
- Films must be new releases that have not been submitted to KCFF in the past.
- Preference given to films making a premiere: international, national, provincial, regional, local.
- Films must either be in English or in the original language with English subtitles.
- It is possible to submit a working copy of a film; please email us for more info.
- Local filmmakers must be currently residing in Kingston or have a strong connection to the area deemed appropriate to KCFF. Please explain your connection on the submission form.
- Youth filmmakers must be enrolled in middle school or secondary school to be eligible.
The Kingston Canadian Film Festival is now accepting feature length and short-film submissions until December 15th 2020.
In light of the hardships faced by filmmakers in 2020, KCFF has also waived all submission fees.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
Final programming decisions will be made in early 2021.
For more information on how to submit, Festival Awards and more, visit https://kingcanfilmfest.com/get-involved/submit/