Join the City and Sustainable Kingston at the 2023 Climate Change Symposium on Thursday, Jan. 19! This free event is open to all ages and the line-up promises to inspire you to take climate action.
“Sustainable Kingston is proud to partner with the City again this year to bring together this incredible line-up of speakers who will lead fascinating discussions about climate change innovation, food security and local efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” says Geoff Hendry, Chief Operating Officer at Sustainable Kingston.
This year’s event features a keynote from Catherine McKenna, former Minister of the Environment and Climate Change and Paul Taylor, anti-poverty activist and educator. Both speakers will follow a panel discussion on energy management and innovation led by local experts.
Ali Hassan will return for the second year to emcee the event. Hassan is well-known for his broadcasting experience with CBC, having hosted programs such as Laugh out Loud and Canada Reads. Hassan also recently released a new book, “Is there Bacon in Heaven,” a heartfelt and funny memoir based on his hit stand-up comedy.
Interested in attending? Review the complete agenda and to RSVP to guarantee your virtual seat with Minister McKenna.
2023 Kingston Climate Change Symposium
- 9 a.m. Welcome from emcee Ali Hassan
- 9:05 a.m. Welcoming remarks from Mayor Bryan Paterson
- 9:15 a.m. - Panel discussion with energy-management experts the Kingston Economic Development Corporation, CFB Kingston and the City of Kingston
- 9:55 a.m. - Wellness break
- 10 a.m. – Paul Taylor, educator and anti-poverty activist. Q&A to follow.
- 10:45 a.m. – Wellness break
- 11 a.m. - Hon. Catherine McKenna (Former Minister of Environment and Climate Change) Q&A to follow
“Attend as an individual, a family or a class. All are welcome,” says Hendry. If you have questions about this event, please email Geoff Hendry at [email protected].