April 21, 2021
The City is working to implement and provide clarity to residents, following recent amendments to the Government of Ontario’s Stay-at-Home Order.
City staff have carefully reviewed these new measures to ensure compliance and to provide residents with an update on how these measures will impact City amenities, including recreational amenities.
For answers to questions City staff are receiving, please consult this Frequently Asked Questions guide (FAQ), which outlines:
- Essential behaviours: gathering with household members only, physically distancing from others, and wearing face coverings when you can’t physically distance.
- Use of recreational amenities:
- Open: Parks and play structures; City paths and trails; off-leash dog areas; benches in parks or recreational areas.
- Closed: Multi-use fields, including: baseball diamonds, soccer fields, tennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courts, basketball courts, skate parks; picnic tables; and marinas.
- City services and facilities: City buildings are closed to the public, but City staff continue to serve residents connecting via phone or email.
- Travel: You may move around Kingston and are encouraged to stay local. Travel is restricted between provinces.
- Construction: All residential construction activities or projects and related services can proceed.
The City recognizes that time outdoors is essential for the health and well-being of our community. People using City parks and recreational areas will be required to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from others, unless the person(s) is a member of the same household, a member of one other household who lives alone, or a caregiver for any member of either household. In the event physical distancing is not possible, please visit at another time or to go to another park.
Please stay safe, be kind, and support local while the Stay-at-Home Order is in place.
For the FAQ guide, and all the latest COVID-19 impacts to City service, please visit www.CityofKingston.ca/COVID19.