April 14, 2021
Do you want to help shape your community? Bring your knowledge and lived experiences to a City of Kingston’s citizen advisory committees or legislated boards. Applications from eligible Kingstonions will be received until April 30 at 4:30 p.m.
The City is seeking new members for the following:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee (9 public members)
- Heritage Kingston (2 public members)
- Arts Advisory Committee (1 public member)
Legislated Committees and Boards
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (1 public member)
- Taxi Commission (1 public member)
The specific mandates for each of committees and commission are available online at CityofKingston.ca/Committees.
Those interested in serving must be 18 years or older, a resident/business owner in Kingston, and be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
Reducing barriers to application and participation
Applications close at 4:30 p.m. on April 30, 2021. Residents can apply to their preferred committee in two different ways:
- Apply using the online form at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees
- Request a paper copy of the application by calling 613-546-0000. We will provide you a postage-paid envelope to return the application to City Hall.
“Advisory committees serve as an avenue of communication and consultation between the community and Council,” says Janet Jaynes, Deputy Clerk. “When the City is able to draw on the knowledge and experience of a diverse range of voices, Kingston and all of its residents benefit.”