August 10, 2021
The City is seeking a diverse range of volunteers to serve on its committees – and is specifically looking for members for the Citizen Committee to Review Council Remuneration. That’s the committee that will determine the salary Mayor and City Councillors receive for their term starting after the 2022 election.
Eligible residents are also encouraged to apply to fill mid-term committee vacancies for the Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation board, Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee and Rural Advisory Committee.
Specific mandates for each of the committees are available at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees.
“We need our committees to reflect the wide range of experiences and backgrounds of those who live in our community. Diverse perspectives help lead to better decisions,” says Janet Jaynes, Deputy Clerk.
To be eligible to serve on most committees or boards you must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident/business owner in the City of Kingston,
and one of the following:
- Canadian Citizen, or
- Permanent Resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
Residents can apply:
- Online at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees
- By calling 613-546-0000 to request a paper application. We will provide you a postage-paid envelope to return the application to City Hall.
Applications close at 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 27, 2021.