Late June 30, Providence Care declared a COVID-19 outbreak on Lakeview 2 Pod A, a 10-bed section of a 30-bed inpatient unit at Providence Care Hospital, after three patients tested positive for the virus.
The pod is under quarantine and all patients on the pod have been placed on contact and aerosol precautions.
The outbreak will be in place for a minimum of 10 days, during which time Lakeview 2 Pod A patients will be closely monitored and re-tested for COVID-19 on a set schedule.
Providence Care has alerted Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health about the positive cases and is working closely with teams there. An investigation is also underway to determine how the patients contracted the virus.
All patients on the unit and loved ones have been informed about the positive cases. For confidentiality reasons Providence Care is not able to share any identifiable or additional information about the cases.
To help limit the spread of infection, the unit has implemented several additional measures including:
- Lakeview 2 Pod A is closed to admissions.
- Designated visitors are temporarily prohibited on Pod A. Only essential visitors and designated care partners are permitted to visit Pod A at this time. Visitors must pass screening and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter the facility. They must also wear a mask and any appropriate personal protective equipment for the duration of their visit.
- Care teams are closely monitoring all patients to identify potential cases early.
- Continue actively screening staff for COVID-19 symptoms. Staff must also wear appropriate personal protective equipment, practice physical distancing and good hand hygiene.
- Extra cleaning of all high touch surfaces and common areas.
Even with the province easing public health measures, COVID-19 protective measures remain in place at all Providence Care sites. We will continue to review safety measures on an ongoing basis to ensure our staff and the people we serve stay protected.
Current safety measures include:
- Reducing visitors
- Passing screening
- Wearing a mask
- Unvaccinated individuals must perform a rapid antigen test and test negative to enter (exceptions apply)
Please visit providencecare.ca for up-to-date information about COVID-19 protective measures in place at all sites.
Click here for a complete list of Providence Care sites currently under a COVID-19 watch or outbreak.
- A COVID-19 outbreak was declared on Lakeview 2 Pod A, a 10-bed section of a 30-bed inpatient unit at Providence Care Hospital, after three patients tested positive for the virus.
- The outbreak will last a minimum of 10 days. The inpatient pod is under quarantine and closed to admissions.
- Designated visitors are temporarily prohibited on Pod A. Only essential visitors and designated care partners are permitted to visit Pod A at this time.
- COVID-19 protective measures, including reducing visitors, screening, masking, and rapid antigen testing for unvaccinated individuals remain in place at all Providence Care sites.