July 28, 2021
City of Kingston and Utilities Kingston schedules will change due to the Civic holiday on Monday, Aug. 2.
City and Utilities Kingston Holiday Schedule
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: There is no collection on Monday, Aug 2. For the rest of the week, collection occurs the day after your regular collection day. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, text or email at www.CityofKingston.ca/collection. The Kingston Area Recycling Centre is also closed Monday.
- Kingston Transit: Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. Please see CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts for COVID-19-related service changes.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service on Monday. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed Monday.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed Aug. 2. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the city’s west and east ends should call 1-800-434-1235. Enbridge customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Reminder for customers on time-of-use pricing: for electricity used on weekends and holidays – like the Civic Holiday, Aug. 2 – prices are off-peak.
- Arenas, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre), Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, CaraCo Home Field: Closed Monday.
- Rideau Heights Community Centre: Remains closed until the end of August.
- Outdoor Aqua Park: Open.
- Splash pads: Open.
- Libraries: Closed Monday. Services and digital collections can be accessed online. Don’t have a library card? Register online.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour and Confederation Basin marinas: Open Monday.
- PumpHouse Museum: Closed Monday.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: The Baby Grand will be open for the Storefront Fringe Festival starting Aug. 2.
- MacLachlan Woodworking Museum: Closed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tett Centre: Closed Monday.
Do you like this post?