October 19, 2020
Do you want to help shape your community? Volunteer for one of the City of Kingston committees, boards, or working groups now seeking informed advice from committed Kingstonians.
“Committees, boards and working groups provide insight and advice to Council respective to their mandates. When residents bring their knowledge and skill set as a volunteer for one of these groups, our community truly benefits,” says Janet Jaynes, Deputy City Clerk.
The City is seeking new members for the following:
- Heritage Kingston (two public members)
- Arts Advisory Committee (one public member)
- Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee (two public members)
- Kingston Environment Advisory Forum (one public member)
Legislated Committees and Boards
- Committee of Adjustment (one public member)
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee (15 public members)
- Taxi Commission (five public members)
- Kingston Police Services Board (one public member)
- Appeals Committee (three public members)
- Kingston Economic Development Board of Directors (five public members)
- Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation Board of Directors (two public members)
- Planning Advisory Working Group (one Kingston East Urban Area Representative)
Those interested in serving must be 18 years or older, a resident/business owner in Kingston, and be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
Apply by Nov. 6 at 4:30 p.m. online at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees or at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 216 Ontario St.