The City of Kingston is seeking applications for the Survivors of Conversion Therapy Program Fund.
The fund is open to non-profit organizations, support group programs, and related projects which offer services to people who have experienced conversion therapy. Organizations are invited to review the eligibility criteria and complete a grant application on the United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington’s Funding Portal.
Eligible applicants may receive up to $20,000 per year, for three years.
Programming may focus on, but is not limited to, supporting survivors with:
- Improving their self-care
- Repairing and rebuilding their social support and community networks
- Navigating their relationship with faith
- Recovering from the impact conversion practices had on their civic and economic participation
- Correcting misinformation about 2SLGBTQ+ people and communities
The Survivors of Conversion Therapy Program Fund was established based on direction from City Council and is funded by the City’s Working Reserve Fund. The program will be administered at no charge by the United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m.