Want to help steer on air programming at CFRC? Apply today to be our new Program Coordinator!
Job description, Program Coordinator, CFRC Radio
The Program Coordinator assists in the development and management of CFRC’s program schedule, training new programmers, providing technical support to volunteers, and ensuring CFRC programmers and programming meet both broadcast standards & regulations as well as CFRC’s mission and mandate. The successful candidate will have training and experience in broadcast radio and audio production and a demonstrable ability to onboard, train, and support volunteers from Queen’s University and the broader Kingston community.
This is an open position-students and community members are both eligible and encouraged to apply!
- Alongside the Station Manager and other CFRC staff, onboard, train and assist volunteers in technical and regulatory aspects of recording and broadcasting
- Work with new volunteers to develop new programs for CFRC’s seasonal broadcast schedule
- Evaluate program proposals and demos for broadcast suitability
- Assist the Station Manager to coordinate seasonal broadcast schedules
- Coordinate the evaluation of programs and program logs to monitor performance and compliance with CRTC regulations and CFRC’s mission & mandate
- Monitor station broadcasts remotely along with other staff to ensure programming is airing as scheduled
-Awareness of campus-community radio station programming, operations and regulations
-Proficiency and experience with broadcasting, broadcasting equipment and related technology
-Experience with digital audio recording and editing
-demonstrable ability to coordinate volunteers
-demonstrable organizational & time management skills
-demonstrably strong communication and interpersonal skills
-proven ability to work independently, to report on progress, and to meet deadlines
Conditions of Employment:
The term for this position runs from November 1st 2018 to October 31st 2019 with potential to renew the contract pending the outcome of a year-end performance review.
20-25 hours per week, at $14.00 per hour. Some evenings and weekends.
Please email your resume/CV and a Cover Letter in PDF document detailing your relevant experience, what skills you bring to role, and why you are an ideal candidate to Dinah Jansen, Station Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 5 PM EST October 25th, 2018. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.