Plan your Canada Day festivities with the City of Kingston. Learn about service and program impacts, and ways to celebrate July 1 this year.
- Garbage, green bin and recycling: There is no collection on July 1. Regular Friday collection will be pushed to Saturday, July 2. Sign-up to receive collection reminders by phone, push notification, or email.
- Kingston Transit: Buses will follow a Sunday schedule on July 1.
- Kingston Access Services: Operates with limited service. Call 613-542-2512 for information.
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre: Closed.
- Administrative Offices (including housing and social services on Montreal Street and Provincial Offences): Closed.
- Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro: Closed at noon beginning on Thursday, June 30 and will reopen Monday, July 4. In the event of a utility emergency, such as a gas smell, power outage or a water main break, call the Utilities Kingston 24-hour number at 613-546-1181. Hydro One electricity customers in the west and east ends can call 1-800-434-1235. Enbridge customers can call 1-877-969-0999. Reminder for customers on time-of-use pricing: for electricity used on weekends and holidays prices are off-peak.
- Arenas, INVISTA Centre (including Fitness & Wellness Centre) and CaraCo Home Field: Closed.
- Rideau Heights Community Centre & Library, Kingston East Community Centre: Open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. for Canada Day activities.
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre: Closed. Programs and services will not be provided on Friday.
- Libraries: Closed. Services and digital collections can be accessed online. Don’t have a library card? Register online.
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour and Confederation Basin marinas: Open.
- Grand Theatre Box Office: Closed.
- PumpHouse Museum & MacLachlan Woodworking Museum: Closed.
- City Hall: Tours will not be offered on Canada Day.
- Tett Centre: Closed.
Celebrate July 1 with the City
July 1 celebrations are happening across our beautiful community. Plan to attend an activity in your neighbourhood. To learn more about what’s on this July 1, and how to make the most of the day, visit our special Canada Day resource page for details.
The City, in partnership with Kingston Fire & Rescue, encourages all community members to leave the fireworks show to the experts. The City will host a FREE fireworks display starting at 10 p.m. The best place to experience the show is Confederation Basin.
If hosting friends or family, KFR reminds all residents they must obtain a free open-air fire permit. Residents are required to read and comply with the full list of regulations.
The City of Kingston wishes all residents a safe and happy long weekend, and extends special thanks to the people who will be working to keep our community running.