Do you have the know-how to make Kingston a better place? Work collaboratively with other passionate people in the community alongside members of City Council on a municipal advisory committee, board or commission.
Great minds don’t think alike – they think together. Volunteering on a City of Kingston committee is an opportunity for residents to share their lived experiences and knowledge to make a difference on important issues in the community. From Oct. 31 to Nov. 11, eligible residents are encouraged to submit applications to serve on the following committees:
- Appeals Committee
- Arts Advisory Committee
- Committee of Adjustment
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- Housing and Homelessness Advisory Committee
- Kingston Environmental Advisory Forum
- Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation Board
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library Board
- Kingston Police Services Board
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
- North King’s Town Community Working Group
- Rural Advisory Committee
- Taxi Commission
- Planning Advisory Committee
Specific mandates for each of the committees are available at CityofKingston.ca/Committees.
As part of a one-year pilot program approved by City Council, public members of the Housing & Homelessness Advisory Committee who are not serving as representatives of organizations or businesses where they are employed will be eligible to receive an honorarium of $100.00 per meeting attended. The pilot program will include all meetings held in 2023.
To be eligible to serve on most committees or boards you must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident/business owner in the City of Kingston, and
- Canadian Citizen, or
- Permanent Resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
Submit your application
- Online at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees
- By calling 613-546-0000 to request a paper application. We will provide a postage-paid envelope to return the application to City Hall.
- At City Hall, 216 Ontario St. in the City Clerk’s Department.
Applications close at 4 p.m. on Nov. 11, 2022.