Volunteering on a City of Kingston advisory committee, board or commission offers an opportunity for residents to share their lived experiences and knowledge to make a difference in the community. From Oct. 15 to Nov. 4, eligible residents are encouraged to submit applications to serve on the following committees:
- Appeals Committee
- Heritage Kingston
- Kingston Area Taxi Commission
- Kingston Frontenac Housing Corporation Board of Directors
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library Board
- Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee
Specific mandates for each of the committees are available at CityofKingston.ca/Committees.
To be eligible to serve on most committees or boards you must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident/business owner in the City of Kingston,
and one of the following:
- Canadian Citizen, or
- Permanent Resident, a person who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian Citizen, and has resided in Kingston for at least one year.
Residents can apply:
- Online at www.CityofKingston.ca/Committees
- By calling 613-546-0000 to request a paper application. We will provide you a postage-paid envelope to return the application to City Hall.
- At City Hall, 216 Ontario St. in the City Clerks Department. You can complete an application at City Hall or submit it in person.
Applications close at 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 5, 2021.